We just wanted to let you know that we use cookies (sadly not the sweet kind!) to give you the best experience on our website. Find out more about the kind of cookies we use here.

Hello!

Nice to meet you, welcome to ado16.info! We were founded in 1999 and have become the world’s largest internet resource for the ADO16, the BMC/British Leyland 1100/1300 range of cars.

Find out more about ado16.info >

Friendly, helpful people

A successful community has a team of friendly, helpful people working behind the scenes – and we’re no different! Whether it’s a website issue, or technical help one of our lovely team will lend you a hand.

Find out more about our team >

Join us!

Whether you’re an old hat when it comes to car clubs, or this is the first you’ve considered one – we think we’re different to the others. Instant access, automatic renewal, and a whole host of member benefits…

More about our memberships >

We're a social club - check out the latest from our Social Media:

Comments Box SVG iconsUsed for the like, share, comment, and reaction icons

Marque Models – MG 1100

Just like the Morris 1100 we featured last week, the second ADO16 to be produced by Marque Models is still available to buy, the MG 1100, Model Number 2062...

...each model is hot die cast at approximately 250℃ in high grade solid pewter – comprising 90% tin with the remaining 10% being made up from trace elements including copper and antimony; tin is often referred to as the 4th most precious metal after platinum, gold and silver.

We’re the global umbrella for the ADO16, the BMC/British Leyland 1100/1300 – in well over 60 countries and with a Facebook Group approaching 2,800 members! You can join us too; the only ADO16 club with a FREE membership level: www.ado16.info/membership-join
... See MoreSee Less

Marque Models – MG 1100 Just like the Morris 1100 we featured last week, the second ADO16 to be produced by Marque Models is still available to buy, the MG 1100, Model Number 2062... ...each model is hot die cast at approximately 250℃ in high grade solid pewter – comprising 90% tin with the remaining 10% being made up from trace elements including copper and antimony; tin is often referred to as the 4th most precious metal after platinum, gold and silver. We’re the global umbrella for the ADO16, the BMC/British Leyland 1100/1300 – in well over 60 countries and with a Facebook Group approaching 2,800 members! You can join us too; the only ADO16 club with a FREE membership level: www.ado16.info/membership-join
1 day ago
ado16.info club desk

... See MoreSee Less

Comment on Facebook

This week’s cover image – this week in 1967 saw the UK public being introduced to the re-styled ADO16 at London’s Earls Court Motor Show; our featured car from the Isle of Man carries an Austin 1100 Mark II badge, it’s a 2-door Deluxe, possibly a Mark III despite its number plate but this image really highlights the sleek revamp the ADO16 saw.

This week’s cover image – this week in 1967 saw the UK public being introduced to the re-styled ADO16 at London’s Earls Court Motor Show; our featured car from the Isle of Man carries an Austin 1100 Mark II badge, it’s a 2-door Deluxe, possibly a Mark III despite its number plate but this image really highlights the sleek revamp the ADO16 saw. ... See MoreSee Less

This week’s cover image – this week in 1967 saw the UK public being introduced to the re-styled ADO16 at London’s Earls Court Motor Show; our featured car from the Isle of Man carries an Austin 1100 Mark II badge, it’s a 2-door Deluxe, possibly a Mark III despite its number plate but this image really highlights the sleek revamp the ADO16 saw.

Comment on Facebook

That’s definitely a Mk3 with those plain hub caps and colour. Nice car though!

Yes, with the Isle of Man, it is very difficult to determine the age based upon the registration. I still haven't fathomed out how their registrations work. Will have to Google it!

Are Austin 1100s A Thing now? I don't recall people really rating them when they were new. The colours always left something to be desired, for a start. That colour (see photo) always makes me think of the contents of a newborn's nappy.

Launch of the 1100 Mark II & 1300 Models

London’s Earls Court show was traditionally used by the BMC to launch new models so each October we have plenty to remember but it is exciting when we uncover new material...

...in 1967 the show opened on Wednesday 18th October with the new 1100 Mark II and 1300 models being unveiled – this was probably the most significant change the ADO16 range ever saw; every model was now available with a choice of engine size, every model had new trim, every model had a revised bodyshell although it was less apparent for the estates and a 2-door ADO16 was now available in the UK as an Austin, Morris or MG.

We’re sure that in time even more images from the 1967, Earls Court Show will surface but until such a time we hope you enjoy the black & white ones we’ve never published before.

We’re the global umbrella for the ADO16, the BMC/British Leyland 1100/1300 – in well over 60 countries and with a Facebook Group approaching 2,800 members! You can join us too; the only ADO16 club with a FREE membership level: www.ado16.info/membership-join
... See MoreSee Less

Launch of the 1100 Mark II & 1300 Models London’s Earls Court show was traditionally used by the BMC to launch new models so each October we have plenty to remember but it is exciting when we uncover new material... ...in 1967 the show opened on Wednesday 18th October with the new 1100 Mark II and 1300 models being unveiled – this was probably the most significant change the ADO16 range ever saw; every model was now available with a choice of engine size, every model had new trim, every model had a revised bodyshell although it was less apparent for the estates and a 2-door ADO16 was now available in the UK as an Austin, Morris or MG. We’re sure that in time even more images from the 1967, Earls Court Show will surface but until such a time we hope you enjoy the black & white ones we’ve never published before. We’re the global umbrella for the ADO16, the BMC/British Leyland 1100/1300 – in well over 60 countries and with a Facebook Group approaching 2,800 members! You can join us too; the only ADO16 club with a FREE membership level: www.ado16.info/membership-join

Launch of the MG 1100

London’s Earls Court Motor Show of 1962 opened on the 17th October and was used to launch the MG 1100...

...how exciting it must have been to see a 2-door MG 1100 but it would be many years before the UK was to be offered a 2-door ADO16 – not so the USA and parts of Europe though!

At least the MG did gain side chrome trims – even if, as it appears, it was a late decision.

We’re the global umbrella for the ADO16, the BMC/British Leyland 1100/1300 – in well over 60 countries and with a Facebook Group approaching 2,800 members! You can join us too; the only ADO16 club with a FREE membership level: www.ado16.info/membership-join
... See MoreSee Less

Launch of the MG 1100 London’s Earls Court Motor Show of 1962 opened on the 17th October and was used to launch the MG 1100... ...how exciting it must have been to see a 2-door MG 1100 but it would be many years before the UK was to be offered a 2-door ADO16 – not so the USA and parts of Europe though! At least the MG did gain side chrome trims – even if, as it appears, it was a late decision. We’re the global umbrella for the ADO16, the BMC/British Leyland 1100/1300 – in well over 60 countries and with a Facebook Group approaching 2,800 members! You can join us too; the only ADO16 club with a FREE membership level: www.ado16.info/membership-join

Comment on Facebook

That's what my car looks like right now lol

Shame the cut away car didn't survive/

Load more...